Fool On SC047918
Project Co-ordinator (part-time)
Job Description & Personnel Specification
Hours: 16 per week
Salary: £11.25 per hour
Duration: until September 2023 (National Lottery Community Fund)
Location: Fool On Hub @ Unit 1, 640 Merry Street, Motherwell, ML1 4BP
Reporting to: Fool on Chairperson and board
To co-ordinate and develop the services of Fool on and support the Board to realise their ambitions for the organisation.
Develop and maintain quality administrative systems and procedures for the effective operation of Fool On under the direction of the Chairperson
Keep accurate records of all financial transactions and ensure related documentation is kept.
Promote & develop Fool On’s Services.
- To carry out all administration arrangements under the direction of the Chairperson.
- To ensure distribution of Notice of Meetings, Agenda and relevant background papers prior to Board and sub-group meetings
- Provide the Board with clear guidance on policy issues and ensure policies are adhered to
- Organise the AGM and produce annual report
- Attend Board meetings and provide monthly reports and regular updates, detailing performance against agreed objectives
- Establish systems for monitoring the progress and effectiveness of the service
- Ensure administration and financial records meet the requirements of funders for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Advice the Board on financial practices that are in keeping with best practice
- Maintain accurate financial records, monitor and control budgets to ensure financial systems demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and provide adequate financial advice to the Board
- Assist Treasurer in preparation of budgets
- Administer the payment of volunteer expenses.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment
- Implement and maintain appropriate procedures for payment of invoices and other expenditure incurred by Fool On
- Preparatory work for annual examination of accounts & OSCR annual return
Marketing & Promotion
- Promote Fool On and its services, including organisation of events and establishing a network of local support for charitable donations
- Produce materials and resources to promote Fool On and its activities
- Assist the Board to develop networks and partnerships and represent them as appropriate
The post holder is required to adhere to Fool On’s Health and Safety Policy and any particular responsibilities within this and to carry out other relevant and reasonable duties as directed by the Board, to participate effectively and to contribute to its strategic development and management
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POST:
- Experience of working within the voluntary sector
- Financial and budgetary management experience
- Highly developed ITC skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Outgoing, friendly and approachable disposition, a clear thinker with a positive, adaptable and flexible approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends as necessary to ensure fulfilment of duties
- Able to write clear and accurate reports for a wide range of audiences.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Time management and organisational skills.
DESIRABLE REQUIRMENTS FOR THIS POST:
- Qualification in relevant discipline
- Driving licence and access to car
- Experience of volunteering
- Experience of sourcing funding